Thursday, April 23, 2015

Spring Kids Clothes Week Day 3 and 4

Day 3 and 4 recap of Kids Clothes Week: I made the last piece of the Wild Things set I have been working on the last few days. This last piece is a pretty literal interpretation of the theme as I just happened to have some "Where the Wild Things Are" flannel fabric in my stash. I fell in love with the fabric when I first saw it at Joanns and I bought it without any real plans for it back when Emmett was a newborn.

I decided to turn it into a pair of toddler overalls with a pattern from Peekaboo Pattern Shop. The pattern is made especially for knits, but can also be made with wovens. Flannel might not seem like the obvious choice for a pair of spring/summer overalls, but I had a vision and I'm very happy with how it turned out: 


You might notice I paired it with one of the shirts from day 2. Here are all the pieces together, in kind of a weird picture I took on the stairs. It was late and I was too tired to arrange them beautifully anywhere else. 

The only combination that might not work would be the dinosaurs and the overalls. But if it happens, it won't be the end of the world. I'm sure Emmett could pull it off. Those are also the two pieces that were the inspiration for this "Wild Things" theme.



It was fun to sew for my little boy! My older girls will get some sewing love this week as well, but for right now this little guy is in the spotlight:
This is what he does best: hits the ground with random objects he finds. He found this stick in the yard and ran over to this dirt pile to see what would happen when he banged the stick on it. He is so funny. When he isn't hitting ME with things of course. 







2 comments:

  1. I love them! What a perfect use of that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you think so, I was a bit worried about using flannel for a warm weather outfit. :)

      Delete