Saturday, February 27, 2016

Project Run and Play Signature Style

It's the final week of this season of Project Run and Play.

The theme this week is Signature Style.

It's also Kids Clothes Week and I sewed this up during days 3, 4, and 5 of this week, so I will be linking there as well.

I'm really cutting is close to the wire with the deadline for this look. The linky party closes in 2 hours. I better type fast.

The only time I had to take these pictures of my daughter were right after her soccer game. She was tired, and although she was a willing model, she didn't have much energy. 

See, I even caught her mid yawn.


I am not sure what I would call my signature style, I tend to love a lot of things. But thinking about it, I realize I like clothes to:

- be comfy (I tend to sew with knit a lot).
- be versatile, easy to wear multiple types of places.
- have clean lines. 
- be a little trendy, or modern. I do like vintage looks, as well, but I'm not quite as drawn to them as I am to more modern styles. 

I have wanted to do something with this buffalo plaid flannel ever since I bought it at Joann last Black Friday. A lot of times, the Black Friday flannel can be more on the juvenile side, but not this one! 

Even though it's not knit, the flannel is soft and comfortable. I knew I wanted to make a tunic with it and wanted something simple but with a good structure. So I used Peekaboo Pattern Shop's Cade Cod pattern. The pattern includes a shirt and a dress. I went with the shirt, and elongated it 6 inches, flaring out the sides into a slight A-line.


Ignore the holes in her leggings. I feel like holes in the leggings and jeans would be her signature style. She is so rough on her clothes. I didn't have time to worry about them this week, but I will be getting her new leggings or sewing up the holes for her soon.

She loves the tunic and so do I. My favorite touch might be the rolled up sleeves with the button tab. 


She likes that it is blue, soft and long enough. She is easy to please. 

The shirting details are fun too. I cut the back yoke on the bias. 


I also sewed her a quick infinity scarf, for no other reason than I love them and feel like there should be an infinity scarf in my signature style. 


And this marks the first time for me that I have sewn along every week during a season of Project Run and Play. I am happy I did, it helped push me to make fun clothes for my kids that they love wearing.














No comments:

Post a Comment